Insurances Currently Accepted:
- Vision Service Plan (VSP)
- We are now accepting VSP CHOICE and VSP SIGNATURE. To learn more: https://visionbenefits.vsp.com/
- Superior Vision (Powell Office only)
- United Healthcare (Medical Only)
- Medical Mutual
- Aetna (Vision One)
- Vision Care Plan
- Vision Plus of America
- Mega Life and Health (OSU Students)
- OSU Prime Care and OSU HP
- Private Healthcare Systems
- Railroad Medicare
- Bureau of Workers Compensation
Why do we need your medical insurance information?
Many patients question the need to give us their medical insurance information at their eye examination. The reason we require such information is because many “routine” eye exams are not routine at all. Many patients with medical conditions such as hypertension, diabetes, thyroid disease, and other common systemic problems may be covered under your medical insurance for your visit.
On top of systemic medical conditions being covered under medical insurance, any eye “problems” you might have may be covered as well. Some examples of these problems include red eyes, flashes of light or floaters in your vision, dry eyes, itchy eyes, glaucoma, macular degeneration, and cataracts.
So remember, just because it is an “eye exam” does not mean that medical insurance will not cover it.